SAFVIC for Telecommunications Professionals Instructor Course
The SAFVIC for Telecommunication Professionals Instructor Course is a 24-hour, 3-day training, held in Austin, TX.
Date: TBD 2021/2022
Location: TMPA Training Facility – Austin, TX
Application Deadline: TBD
** All applicants are required to complete and score well on the 8-hour SAFVIC for TCP’s (TCOLE #3267) training. The application process is competitive and approximately 15 seats are available. **
Having the right group of instructors is absolutely crucial to the program. A SAFVIC for TCP’s Instructor must have in-depth knowledge of the program and demonstrate sincere dedication to improving the response to family violence and sexual assault. All applicants must be a licensed telecommunicator in the state of Texas. As becoming an instructor becomes more competitive, applicants will be scored on the following qualifications and criteria:
- Must have taken and passed the SAFVIC for TCPs training (TCOLE #3267)
- Experienced and well-versed in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proven public speaking ability
- A minimum of 5 years of telecommunicator experience highly preferred
- Positive role model within the department and the community
- TCOLE Advanced Telecommunicator Certification preferred
- Previous experience as an instructor is highly preferred
- Geographical location is taken into consideration
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor
Want to become an Instructor?
The training for certified instructors includes information about adult teaching techniques, judicial and medical response to these crimes, and services available to victims. Students attending the SAFVIC for TCPs Instructor Course will be responsible for creating and presenting a PowerPoint presentation for their final exam. All students accepted into the training will receive 24-hours of TCOLE credit.
SAFVIC Instructors Responsibilities: Instructors will be responsible for teaching the SAFVIC for TCP’s 8-hour curriculum. Instructors will be asked to teach a minimum of two classes within one year of completing the instructor course.
SAFVIC Instructor Compensation: Upon successful completion of this SAFVIC Instructor Course, instructors will be eligible to recover the cost of lodging, meals, and travel during the course. Grant funding allows for instructors to be compensated on a contractual basis for administering the program. Instructors will receive $285 for the 8-hour class for a minimum of 10 students.